Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday

Psalm 22:1-10
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,

by night, and am not silent.
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;

you are the praise of Israel.
In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
They cried to you and were saved;

in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
But I am a worm and not a man,

scorned by men and despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;

they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
"He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him.

Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."
Yet you brought me out of the womb;

you made me trust in you
even at my mother's breast.
From birth I was cast upon you;
from my mother's womb you have been my God.

These waves pound me, force me into the dark ocean depths. My legs and feet are tiring. All I can see on the horizon is my own hopelessness. Only You can save me, Lord. But where are You?
Have you forgotten me? Abandoned me? Why, when I need you most, can I not find you? In my desperation, I make promises to you, but Your promises are what come to mind, "...it is by grace you have been saved, through faith... and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."
God, I need that gift. I know your powers. You can still the waters, clear the skies. I become quiet. In the stillness, I relax -- let go.
Dreamlike, I see a boat on the horizon. My Savior is using someone whose heart is open to be a part of my miracle! In the middle of the ocean, swallowing water with each wave, I'm smiling.
You have drawn me close to you, and I give you praise. My hope has been resurrected.
Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

SH

No comments:

Post a Comment